Magbanua is an alumnus of De La Salle -College of Saint Benilde. He completed the course, AB- Major in Multimedia Arts. Ray founded and managed an independent comic production group, Seraphic Assassins in 2001 and was later overhauled as Revel Circle in 2007. As the team’s head, he is organizing the copyright procedures and guiding on comic production. He also worked as a 2D Game Artist, Storybook Illustrator, and a Video Gaming Product Manager.
- Kosen Saga (series), 2002. Dark Fantasy. Eventually overhauled as Hybrid. See Personal works.
- Vehuiah (one shot), 2002. Fantasy
- Doubtful (one shot), 2004. Thriller.
- R.A.M. Red After Midnight (series), 2003. Dark Fantasy.
- Daleth's Embrace (two part one shot), 2006. Dark Fantasy.
- The Writer (series), 2006. Fantasy.
- Fate Orb Xylia (one shot), 2009, One shot. Fantasy
- Private I Cafe (three part one shot), 2011. Detective and crime. Ongoing
- Tigray, 2012. Comedy. Online Comic strip. Ongoing
- Budang and Friends(series), 2007. Comedy. Collaborated with Ellie Licuanan.
- HAT (one shot), 2008. Comedy, Slice of Life, Drama, Horror. Collaborated with Angelstale and Oso-Oso.
- Escape (one shot), 2008. Drama. Collaborate with Oso-Oso.
Most of Magbanua's commissioned projects were created for Japanese market.
- Flying Fishes (one shot), 2010. Psychological. Japanese.
- D.Ice - Detective Ice (one shot), 2010. Detective and Crime. Japanese.
- Maha, Magical Manananggal (one shot), 2010. Comedy. Japanese.
- Kamen Rider F8 (one shot), 2011. Superhero Fantasy. Japanese
- Hybrid (one shot), 2009- Graphic novel. His college thesis.
- Luzviminda, 2005(Contest debut) 2008 (Bayan Knights Komiks debut) - A female superhero creation who appeared in the superhero oriented komiks, Bayan Knights. Magbanua is creating a solo title for the character.